View Single Post
Old September 20, 2007, 10:00 AM   #12
v65magnafan

I just started in defensive pistol competition. I decided to use my 9mm Sig instead of my Para SSP SA 1911 for these reasons:

While learning the game, the decocker and the DA first shot seemed less trouble than remembering to release the safety on a cocked and locked 1911. This is just my bias.

I wasn't sure about whether picking up my brass would be possible. So, I decided that sacrificing 9mm brass would be less of a financial drain than sacrificing .45 brass. As it turned out, picking up brass was no problem, just hard on my 61 year old back after a day of shooting.

The sight picture and easy recoil of the Sig enabled me to get -0 head and chest double taps fairly easily. But, I would guess that the Para would be just as effective.

Finally, don't worry so much about the gun. Worry about your shooting ability, your holstering ability, your ability to present from concealed.
I've seen the wrong holster mess up a shooter.

The best handgun for competition is the handgun you handle the most effortlessly. That might turn out to be the third or fourth handgun you own.

This has been my experience.

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries