View Single Post
Old November 12, 2004, 03:23 PM   #2
DanV1317

you can use any type of holster as long as it is concealable. I have a glock 17 in a kydex blade tech holster. Other guys use leather though. You will also need 2 mag holders or one mag holder that holds 2. I have a paddle holster and have never had any trouble drawing my gun (i have never pulled the paddle out), but some guys hate it. I use a wilderness 5 stitch belt, and i have toruble taking the paddle off after the match if i dont take my belt off so i have confidence it isn't coming out. i have 2 individual blade tech mag holders. I think it's easier when you have two because they form better to your side instead of having one. That's really all you need. And a vest or some type of garment that will hang low enough on you to cover the whole gun from sight. Pick something that has some weight to it, not a thin shirt because when you try to whip the vest/shirt whatever back, if it isn't thick or heavy, sometimes it will get stuck in front of the gun and you wont be able to draw your gun until picking up the shirt and moving it out of the way. During these chilly days, i use a flannel lined button down shirt. You can probably get a junker vest from wal mart. If it's thin and light, you can put some small weights or a roll of quarters in the pocket in the mean time. then you can have your wife sew some heavier material on the inside of the vest to make a bit stiffer.
**Tip for first match= make sure when you put a mag in your gun, you slam it in hard. My first match, first stage, i was peeing in my pants i was so nervous, i put the mag in, the Saftey officer asked if i put my mag in hard enough and i said "yeah it's in dont worry". The buzzer goes off, i draw my weapon, go to rack the slide and my mag falls out. Boy did i feel like an idiot.

Page generated in 0.03143 seconds with 8 queries