View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 12:49 PM   #11
btmj

great read, yes. It sure does feel good to vent...

Just remember what Frank Ettin said. We can enjoy venting, and fantasizing about "what if",,, but in the end, we have to live in reality.

As I said 2 weeks ago in a similar thread:

The maintaining (and God willing, the expanding) of our RTKBA is both a legal fight and a political fight. Given the current realities of the Supreme Court and the Heller decisions, the courts are going to continue to affirm that the 2nd is an individual right. This is hugely important, yes.… BUT, I think we would be mistaken to rely on the courts to defend our right to own AR/AK rifles and 30 round mags. That is going to be a political fight. Keeping the right to private non-registered sales is also going to be a political fight.

It is a bit of a fantasy to think that the SCOTUS is going to rule that a ban on AR/AKs and other military-derivative rifles is unconstitutional, and wow, now we can all relax, and the battle is finally over... nope, I don't think it will work out that way. I think that keeping our "evil black rifles" will be a never ending political battle, and our side will gain and loose ground, and the other side will gain and loose ground.

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries