View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Hardcase

Take a look at 27USC478.41(c):

Each person seeking the privileges of a collector licensed under this part shall file an application, with the required fee (see § 478.42), with ATF in accordance with the instructions on the form (see § 478.44), and pursuant to § 478.47, receive from the Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, the license covering the collection of curios and relics. A separate license may be obtained for each collection premises, and such license shall, subject to the provisions of the Act and other applicable provisions of law, entitle the licensee to transport, ship, receive, and acquire curios and relics in interstate or foreign commerce, and to make disposition of curios and relics in interstate or foreign commerce, to any other person licensed under the provisions of this part, for the period stated on the license. (Emphasis is mine)

I don't know what your situation is - I can see where there would be a question if, say, you receive a firearm at your home, but store it at a cabin or something like that. Probably the best thing to do is to write the ATF, explain your specific case and ask if you need a separate license for each premises or if you can annotate in your bound book where you have the firearm.

You might also want to peruse the ATF website and see if they've issued any rulings on the subject. Somebody may have already asked the question.

Page generated in 0.02180 seconds with 8 queries