View Single Post
Old May 29, 2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
And BTW, civil rights are not forced on the citizens by the government. Rights, by definition, exist whether or not the government exists or not.
Uh, no. What you are talking about is called "natural rights" and natural rights do not involve firearms.

Constitutional (civil) rights are legal rights and are contingent on laws. The 2nd Amendment is a civil right. Note that the 2nd Amendment was granted or forced upon the People by the Goverment when the Goverment decided to amend the Constitution, which was created not by the whole of the population, voted or agreed upon by the population. The population did not vote or agree upon the Amendments either. If you are physically within the bounds of the United States, they apply to you - whether you want them to or not. They do not apply to you necessarily if you are not in the bounds of the United States (or its territories).

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries