View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Actually Hermannr, there are two reasons. The first, as you said is the lower age limit (and let's be sure to understand that this is an exception, not the rule), but it is the second that carries the most weight. We do not have a separate (or individualized) mental health check.

H0192 is the enhanced CWP bill. On March 1st, it was received in the Senate, read the first time and referred to the Senate State Affairs Committee. It is expected to come out of committee next week.

The odd thing about this bill is that in the training section, you are required to fire 98 rounds in the live fire portion. Why 98? Good question, as so far, I've received no answer. As for the training... If you want the enhanced license, then you will need to take the 8 hour training course. Your current CWP and/or DD214 will not count.

Unless I missed something, the new enhanced license will not be issued to anyone under 21 years of age.

I'll be back tonight (after work) and will list all of the bills that have to do with firearms (there are several) and where they stand.

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 8 queries