View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 08:06 AM   #19
CajunBass

Steve, I like the red dot. I had the same sight on a 22/45 several years ago, and although it looks somewhat awkward, it's not.

How often to clean one? I don't know. I don't worry about it. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Just depends on how I feel and what else I have to do. I'll at least wipe them off because I don't want the soot all over my hands. In the past I have very seldom stripped them down, just sprayed them with gunscrubber and put a couple of drops of oil on the bolt and trigger assembly.

The one I bought was tight, so I sat down with it Sunday morning and stripped it down and reassembled it over and over, about a dozen times. Not only did I learn how to do it quickly, I loosened the parts up a lot. About all it takes now is a screwdriver handle to tap the mainspring back in. The upper/lower just pull apart/push back together. Practice makes it easy.

For lube, I just use whatever I happen to have handy. Break Free, gun oil, three in one, whatever.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries