View Single Post
Old June 5, 2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Sure shot wv

I don't know when they started making the newer models but I have a 795 that I bought in 2010 for 90 dollars brand new. All I can say is WOW. I love it!!! This year it has officially become my small game rifle when I installed a Nikon p-22 2-7 on it. Shooting wise I compare it to my custom 10/22 because they are the only 22lr rifles I own. So here's my breakdown,

Out of the box the marlin has a way better trigger, lighter, crisper, and clean break. Very rare feeding issues. All ammo related. In thousands of rounds zero stovepipes. So this year I put a 149 dollar scope on my 90 dollar rifle and BAM. 0-100 yards I am dead accurate. Most of my shooting is done at 50 yards and that's where I zeroed both this and my ruger. This marlin at 50 yards will shoot 3/4 - 1/2 inch groups all day everyday. So it has become the squirrel and rabbit gun because of this.

Now my 10/22 which sucked stock has been completely rebuilt. Ergonomics are great, looks are outstanding, but shooting eh!
I struggle to hold 1-1.5 groups at 50 yards with this. I have a redfield on this one btw. And this gun has about 600 dollars in it.

I can't wait to get a model 60. I hope I like it as much as the 795. I can't speak highly enough of it. And for 90 dollars wow. I hate saying it shoots better than my 600 dollar ruger but its the truth.

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries