View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 09:47 AM   #16
output

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0untZer0
There was a younger kid in the house, so allowing their oldest son to keep a loaded .22 in his room leaning against the wall, was IMO, negligent parenting.
I agree and disagree to a certain degree. We do not know which son the .22lr belonged to or where/how it was actually stored.

The woman was clearly still shaken up and distraught. When a person is involved in a shooting or confrontation such as this, memory loss is very common. Sometimes people are not able to remember exact details until the next day once they have completed a sleep cycle.

She might have left a lot of details out of the story by accident because all she remembered at the time was picking up the BB gun and then finding the .22lr and heading downstairs. While in reality the BB gun and .22lr were in two separate rooms of the house and she had to load the .22lr.

I am going to assume that the .22lr was not lying out openly next to the BB gun with .22lr ammunition scattered all over bedroom floor especially since the home owners do not seem to be firearm savvy. She seemed uncomfortable and awkward so I doubt she would have felt safe with a loaded gun laying around or sitting in a corner openly. I could be wrong though.

As for children and .22’s I vaguely remember reading a story in the news about a child in Texas who literally drove multiple assailants out of the home by firing his .22lr through his bedroom door and wounding at least one.

Page generated in 0.06323 seconds with 8 queries