View Single Post
Old December 20, 2011, 03:14 PM   #35
BlueTrain

It is a matter of coolness under pressure, which you may be assured is easier to write about than to do. But it happens frequently to lots of people, although hardly involving life-or-death senarios, though it could be close. The best way I can describe it is a practiced reaction to a sudden event. And it is more than likely something that you've done before. Here are a few examples:

If you wear glasses, protecting your glasses under certain circumstances becomes an almost automatic response. It is second nature. Or to catch a falling object which has been knocked over or something you've dropped. If you have a dog or cat that will snap at you after you have teased it one time too many, you develop real good reactions. The best (worst) incident I had to react to was when the hood of the car I was driving came open.

Frankly, it's still hard to predict how you might react the next time. I only had the hood fly up once but I don't always catch the falling dish, I've been scratched a few times by the cat (sometimes he's faster, sometimes I am) and I went through a lot of glasses when I was younger.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries