View Single Post
Old June 30, 2011, 10:45 AM   #26
Spats McGee
Staff

I haven't read the complaint, but I've been keeping up on the blurbs on this one, so I have only a rough idea of what's really going on. In and of itself, I do not have a problem with doctors asking about firearms in the home, and giving basic, general advice on safety. I do not see it as being all that different from asking about swimming pools or household cleaners. I also don't insist on a doctor being a Red Cross certified lifeguard to tell parents not to leave their 2-year-old unattended at the pool.

Where I take issue is with some of the medical organizations attempting to have firearm violence classified as a "disease," and then equating firearm ownership with firearm violence. The two are not even close to synonymous. I also have some serious concerns about what happens to that information once the doctors have it. IOW, will insurance companies raise life insurance premiums for firearms owners?

Page generated in 0.02506 seconds with 8 queries