View Single Post
Old March 13, 2008, 02:29 PM   #8
MLeake

Hogdogs

Telling her that this "MAY" be an option could inoculate you to an extent on the father daughter trust issue. And I'll stipulate that you are aware that Lower Alabama is full of the type of people that might intervene (I used to live in P'cola, and love the area. However, that still leaves open the additional possibilities that Samurai and I raised.

As Samurai noted, your daughter might expect a false attack, and not respond wholeheartedly to an actual one if such were to occur, under the false assumption that the attacker was your buddy. You would not want her to be hesitant to go for eyes or groin in that instance, for example.

And as I pointed out, your buddy and you might be charged, not necessarily by your daughter, but by the DA if any witness reported the incident. If that happened, the odds would be high that you would face an investigation by DCF/CPS. You might come out of that ok, but as a general rule it's not good policy to get involved with the system in a negative way.

If you live in Pensacola, there's a pretty good dojo at the industrial park by PNS, Big Green Drum, which is affiliated with Aikido Schools of Ueshiba. One of the strong points of aikido is its emphasis on escapes from grabs, which can be pretty useful to females in particular.

Having your daughter read Pax's corneredcat.com info would also be useful, but I think you are doing that already.

Best wishes, and good luck with developing a safe and practical training plan.

Page generated in 0.01972 seconds with 8 queries