View Single Post
Old February 3, 2014, 08:38 PM   #85
HiBC

I'm not a Veteran.I like to build and shoot rifles.

If I build a rifle on a Mauser or a Springfield,I'm Bubba hacking up a piece of history.

OK,I took an 03A3 receiver and bolt and built a pretty darn nice 1903A4 copy..I like shooting it.Does that make me a wannabe?I like low key clothes colors,sometimes Carharts,sometimes something from the surplus store..I like the Desert Storm night camo parka.Nice shell.

I've built some AR's.I like 20 rd mags,and I use Magpull collapsible stocks.If a 12 yr old wants to shoot it,I can give them proper eye relief and LOP.

I'm not afraid to move the scope an inch or two.The rail and cantilever ringmount work.

I shoot one round at a time,no budda-budda-budda.I pursue accuracy.I like a free float handguard.Of the free float forends readily available for a reasonable price,I choose Yankee Hill.I like the way it mounts up solid.

On one of my AR's,loosely a SDMR copy,I have a YHM folding foregrip.Folded,offhand and sitting,it works a little like an old school palm rest.I like it.

If I fold the foregrip down,using 20 rd mags,laying down I can rest my left fist on the ground and squeeze that grip as a monopod.Its steady enough for 250 yd PDs.

I have been known to watch over a dead cow for coyotes at night.I have a 10x Pride fowler scope with a Rapid 800 reticle on that rifle.Reticle is very fine,invisible in bad light.

Only when I'm going to do that,I have a 200 lumen light in a Leupold QDR ring I can clamp on,but I do not leave it there.

Laserlyte,I think,makes the little flat laser that is under my forward scope tube on the top rail.It shoots under the scope bell.

I can put a paper target out in the dark at 150 yds ,clamp on my light,and see the reticle on the target.Then I turn on the laser and adjust it to spot on my reticle for 150 yds.It works good.

My 308 AR has a graphite forend tube,no rails. I did not have budget for a new scope,I borrowed the VX3 3.5 to 10X B+C off another rifle

My lighter AR has an 18 in DD S2W bbl,and a YHM forend.I have a Magpul sling loop on the rail...that's it.

I'm happy,hope you don't mind.

Page generated in 0.03716 seconds with 8 queries