View Single Post
Old September 9, 2011, 12:08 PM   #20
Don H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Six
CS: Here's a recent example I can give you: A year or so back, while on patrol, I heard gunfire in a nearby neighborhood. This was well after midnight. As myself and my colleagues began checking the area we heard several more shots. As I came up to a stop sign, I saw a guy carrying a rifle, directly across the street from where I was. He was holding same in the port of arms position as he strode across somebody's front lawn. When he saw me, he took off running into an adjacent yard, ducking behind the house. I [and my entire squad] confronted this individual at gunpoint a few moments later. He was taken into custody, with no force being necessary on our part [thankfully], and was charged with the aforementioned "terror of the public" statute. Hope this helps.
Based solely on the information given, just what public was "in terror"? Now I can see charges of disturbing the peace, discharging a firearm in a public place or perhaps negligent discharge of a firearm but "terror of the public"? Could you please post the terror of the public statute?

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries