View Single Post
Old January 31, 2012, 02:10 PM   #9
taylorce1

I haven't killed anything elk sized with the Accubond but they hold together well on deer and pronghorn. As far as the Berger I've only seen one animal shot with and it was a pronghorn at about 400 yards. It destroyed the whole offside front quarter to include the backstrap of the animal, rifle used was Tikka T3 Hunter 7mm RM and 168 grain VLD bullet.

If I had to have one bullet that would work well at all ranges and velocities I'd pick the Nosler Partition, I know it isn't as cool looking nor has the BC of the bullets we are talking about. However, it is capable of reaching the ranges you talked about and working without fail and has proven to be accurate in every rifle I've tried them in. I have personal experience with that bullet at 300 yards on elk, 200 on black bear, and 180 on mule deer, in .270 Win, .30-06, and .300 H&H. Second choice would be a bonded bullet, or heavy for caliber cup and core bullet both of wich your Accubond and VLD fall into I'll throw Mono-Metal bullets in here as well.

Page generated in 0.03672 seconds with 8 queries