View Single Post
Old August 14, 2011, 08:52 PM   #14
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
DoubleNaught - "You haven't actually tried shooting in low light/no light yet, have you?" the lowest-light shooting I've done has been at a pretty shabby indoor range. Illumination was something like a 60W bulb at the 7 yard and 25 yard line. None behind the shooter! The tinted window behind the shooter provided the light. Pretty dim. No ventilation. So I don't know if that counts. What I didn't have for sure was any tritium sights, an EDC light, or a healthy fear of muzzle flash. But if I had tried even lower-light shooting I might still have the same questions I had to create this post since I still don't have tritium sights. I read the link - good stuff! Thanks for the info! Speed and misses - a great idea to quantify these things.
Thank JohnKSa for that...but me for the link.

The thing about low light situations is that they are rarely, if ever, as uniform as shooting at a range. Your target will likely be moving amongst a gradient of lighting changes if not actual binary changes (low light to shadow in the dark). The target will have colors that may or may not blend as camoflage or serve to distract the eye. You may be moving as well across lighting changes. So do keep all that in mind.

Also, if you are shooting at an indoor range with no ventilation, you are poisoning yourself. That is a very bad thing to do.

Page generated in 0.03760 seconds with 8 queries