View Single Post
Old November 18, 2008, 01:08 AM   #8
Fremmer

Quote:
I agree with everything but... unless I'm in a combat zone, I'm probably sticking to just one pistola.
Quote:
Some of it smacks of the paranoia that I associate with the people who make their living trying to make us paranoid. One cannot "always carry". There are places that one cannot legally carry. So they contradict themselves between commandment one and five. There are times and places when and where carrying a weapon just is not necessary. Our world is not as dangerous as these fear-mongers would have us believe.
The article provides general rules about carrying a gun. Carry what you want and when you want; of course there are exceptions to the rules. But carrying a spare mag, considering a BUG, possessing the protection as often as possible, being willing to use the darn thing, and knowing the law are all outstanding suggestions, and they are certainly are not "paranoid". Murphy's law about needing a gun and not having it could easily apply. You carry as much as you can, when you can, within reason. Perhaps the author should have added, "I presume that you can reasonably make decisions about carrying all by yourself."

"Fear mongers", indeed.

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries