View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 10:12 PM   #58
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLeake
Frank, I really don't. In Florida, then in Georgia, and now in Missouri I have lived in states where the law holds homeowners harmless from the results of burglaries/robberies in their homes....
Sorry, but I'd need to see citations to accept your characterization. "Hold harmless" can mean many things in different contexts.

In any case, as I said, that's entirely beside the point. As I said in a prior post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ettin
...Bottom line is that in my view the responsible gun owner secures his guns against unauthorized access, and that means keeping it on his person or locking it up. Whether or not he's legally obligated to do so is beside the point. It's a matter of personal responsibility and prudence. If someone chooses not to do so, he shouldn't expect me to congratulate him on his choice; and if he winds up being legally liable, he shouldn't expect any sympathy from me....
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03667 seconds with 8 queries