View Single Post
Old October 21, 2011, 06:07 PM   #17
Steel Talon

I once had a similar experience, but my animal traveled over into another country I shot a Coues whitetail who decided he wasn't dead yet and
"R U N O F T" I saw him fold up into a creosote bush about 85 yards from where bullet impact had happened.

As I was picking my way through the Spanish daggers, shale and generally rough terrain I came upon the International Border Boundary marker. So I glassed him a bit longer to make sure he was dead, pulled off my gear layed my rifle down and entered a country illegally to get my animal. Knowing at the very next step the Federales' where going to show up and take me away Haha Hoho Hehe..

If it was posted and fenced and my wounded animal crossed over. I'd politely go talk to the land owner,tell him what happened and ask if I could cross onto his land to retrieve,or finish off and retrieve the animal. This alone can go along way in developing a good relationship with the land owner.

If the owner or caretaker was not present /unavailable ie. owns the land but lives somewhere else I would retrieve the animal still. Making as little impact as I could while in the process.

Page generated in 0.02786 seconds with 8 queries