View Single Post
Old August 1, 2010, 06:51 AM   #10
CARGUY2244

+p+ ammo

I shoot both a G19 and a G20.
I shop online at ammunitiontogo.com, georgia arms, and doubletap ammo.
Compare prices, it's an expensive ammo market. You can buy Fiocchi 115 jhp for $15/50 rds. They're not rated as +p, but they're equally hot. Federal 115's, +p+ LE, is a bit hotter, and about $20/50 rds. Speer Gold Dot 115's or 124s are bonded, meaning the copper won't separate from the lead, allowing total weight retention, and theoretically better penetration. They're all available at ammunitiontogo.com. Georgia Arms, when they have availability, makes an excellent 115 and 124 +p with a bonded bullet, and are about the best price I've found. The hottest ammo I've found is from Doubletap, and it's pricey. Also look at Corbon. They make a very hot DPX, which is bonded, and Powrball, which has a polymer hollowpoint, with a fmj profile, so feeding is always reliable.
In 10mm, make certain you get the full power loads, otherwise you might as well shoot a .40.
+p, and +p+ in any caliber offers an advantage. MOre important is a bonded bullert.
And DO NOT load your own defense ammo. It may be the single best way to get convicted in a self defense shooting. DAs feast on the guy with the secret recipe for killer ammo.

Page generated in 0.02228 seconds with 8 queries