View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 06:23 PM   #7
HarrySchell

This is the face of a new tyranny, that of people who will not even stand to listen to ideas they don't already have.

Now they walk out of hearing, in which they allege "they were doing the people's business" and fulfilling their oaths of office.

What will be the next step? Active suppression of dissenting views? A secular theocracy as pervading as Sharia law?

This makes the case for 2A, if anything, as we regress politically to a sort of tribalism.

One of the prototype laws for 2A came out of England, IIRC, in a time when Protestants were under physical attack by Church of England believers, and a law was passed that allowed them to keep and bear arms for self-defense, and to assemble peaceably.

I might have the parties mixed up, and I am not going to check it. It appears to me we are regressing. The consistency of ideas shown by those interested in disarming citizens remarkable, and their moral zeal seems to relieve them of even listening to differing views.

This is unlikely to end nicely, even if the federal enactments are functionally irrelevant.

Page generated in 0.02997 seconds with 8 queries