Thread: Lever gun scope
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 01:08 PM   #70
semi_problomatic

1) I never said scopes were bad on any lever gun. I said "if I were to cripple a lever gun with any sights but irons I would use a scout scope or red dot". I've already mentioned why and did suggest both a scope set-up and a red dot as alternative sights. Also, "IF I" means for me. It does not mean everyone else, and I did not say "if you" I said IF I.

2) true, any device that makes a gun you cannot aim aimable, is beneficial. But one could also say (as I did) that using a gun that is made for a scope is much better than scoping one NOT made for a scope. Which is, what I've said repeatedly. So Since the BLR IS made to be scoped, it does exclude it from "rifles not made to be scoped", wouldn't you think?

3) I did say that mounting a large scope on see through rings is a bad idea and explained why. I don't know anyone who actually mounted the hubble telescope so I could not give that as an example, I simply said if you wanted to, its your gun so do it. It was never used as an example.

4) sure, there are a very select few lever action rifles that are suitable for scoping and/or long range shots. They are also, generally, made to be scoped which would remove them from "scoping a rifle not made to be scoped". If we were including every lever action rifle ever produced (or semi auto, pump, shotgun...whatever) then there would be no chance for any discussion because anything you say could be wrong for any other rifle. As it were, since the BLR comes set-up for a scope, and henry big boy was the only rifle mentioned in the OP's origional post, it seems doubtful that he was refering to every lever action center fire rifle ever made. Also, as I have just mentioned

Last edited by semi_problomatic; October 30, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.02374 seconds with 8 queries