Thread: 9mm Subgun ammo
View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 06:56 PM   #7
AK103K

Ive shot a lot of SMG 9mm over the years, some was hot, and some was HOT.

One batch of Spanish 9mm...this stuff, just in case you ever come across some...

..... did this to my MAC in just under 2000 rounds....

The upper on the gun in the pic was the replacement, and went another 27+ years, and beau coup tens of thousands of rounds of standard and NATO 9mm, and is still running like a top.

When you fired that stuff in the MAC, the cyclic rate went up quite a bit and your cheek was soon sore after just a few mags from it resting on the arm of the stock. It was a hell of a ride when it was running though.

This stuff, some Egyptian 9mm SMG ammo, was hot, and more corrosive than anything else Ive ever seen. We shot a bunch of it on a warm and humid August day, and since we got home late, i didnt clean it right away, like I normally do, and figured Id let it go til morning. Bad move. The barrel, bolt, and inside of the tube, were all covered in a fuzzy layer of bright orange rust.

This is the stuff if you ever come across some. If you do, RUN. It appears to have been meant for the Egyptian "Port Said" copy of the Swedish M45 "Swedish K", and is packed 36 rounds to the box......

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries