Thread: Tips for skeet
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2012, 11:10 PM   #3
zippy13

Drummer, it's hard to give you any suggestions without actually seeing you shoot. Your generalizing with, "I have really bad right eye and basically no peripheral vision on that side," doesn't really help. If you'd said that your vision was restricted to so many degrees, then I'd have an idea. I'd take that measurement and put it over a Skeet field layout and learn if you really are unsighted using standard hold points.

Also, not knowing how much experience you have, it may be that you don't yet have a good handle on the basics. It could be that your vision is adequate, and you just need to work on your style. Here's a typical example: a newbie has watched the game and has reasoned that Low-5 is a mirror shot of High-3. He broke High-3 okay, so now he just has to reverse what he did at High-3 to get Low-5. He calls for the bird and just as he starts to make his move… it vanishes. What has happened? He held at the same elevation as he did at H-3 and the L-5 target got under his gun. If you don't hold below the path of the target you're easily into trouble. What you're attributing to vision problems might just be a bad hold point, or wrong foot position, or a poor gun mount, or…

Page generated in 0.03541 seconds with 8 queries