View Single Post
Old November 30, 2008, 11:05 PM   #14

That is what I am hoping.
Before developers could take over, the cost of clean up would make it not worth the cost.
Another one of my pet conspiracy theories: when they open that county run shooting park at the end of Decatur, "they" will say that now that a safe shooting place has been provided by the .gov, there isn't a need for places like Desert Sportsmans, so the land should be auctioned off to the mayors brother in law or somebody.
FWIW: I envision that new shooting park to be FULL of rules that will be enforced by county employees that are NOT into shooting: they are just county employees who applied for a job. The rules will be retarded.

I don't know the contact info.
Wait, I spent about two seconds and googled it: http://www.dsrpc.net/dsrpcnewapplication.pdf

Turn out for IDPA.
I haven't been to an IDPA match for several years. When I went there I was living in Pahrump, so it was a long drive. I ended up losing interest because of the drive and because there is only one match per month which isn't often enough to maintain my interest. Anyway, there was probably a dozen to 20 people there at the matches I attended.
At the time, I started trying to spend a weekend in Phoenix. The Phoenix area is a mecca for the shooting sports. At the time you could participate in some kind of "action" pistol shooting sport like four times a week in Phoenix. So, I would drive down there on a Friday and see a Diamondbacks game. Saturday morning I would shoot then go to another baseball game on Saturday night. Sunday morning I would shoot another match and then drive home.
That, combined with the one match per month in Las Vegas kept me interested for awhile.
My problem with all this stuff is my work schedule. I don't work normal business hours so it is hard for me to commit to something like this. If I happen to work on the Saturday of the match, I have to go for two months without shooting a match since they only have one per month.
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

Last edited by 444; November 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.03407 seconds with 8 queries