View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 05:34 PM   #8
dickttx

OK, the first photo shows only the base of the powder measure. Puff liberally with graphite.

The second photo shows the disk in place. Puff the top of the disk liberally with graphite. The shiny particles in this photo is graphite.

Then fit the reservoir on and TIGHTLY finger tighten the brass nuts. Then work the lever (with a case in the shellholder) a bunch of times to distribute the graphite. I repeat this each time I take the reservoir off to change disks.

The last photo shows the front edge of the disk even with the front edge of the base when the lever is down and a case is in the shellholder. This is where it should be. Screwing the die in or out will move the front of the disk in relation to the base. I could not get a photo down the hole, but the disk hole is directly over the drop hole in the base. If it is not, there can be a ledge at the front or back of the drop hole, where powder will not fall into the case but can dribble out around the die. It can also cause short loads of powder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010164.jpg (190.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg P1010165.jpg (172.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg P1010163.jpg (151.7 KB, 44 views)

Page generated in 0.02931 seconds with 9 queries