View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 06:14 PM   #18
steveNChunter

@ FiveInADime

Thats good to hear that you can still get an x7 stainless. I stand corrected. I hope they keep making them. Maybe Ill eventually own one. I wish I would have went to your dealer instead of mine who looked at me like I was an idiot and told me they were no longer made and there was no old stock of them left in any caliber. That deal falling through is what led to me ordering a Howa barreled action instead and Im pleased with it so I guess it all worked out. I still think Marlin, and Remington also, were better run companies that produced better firearms when they both were stand-alone brands. I think that Freedom Group is the source of the problem, not Remington or Marlin. Marlin was sucked into Remington which had already been sucked into Freedom Group. Dont get me wrong, I think the x7 is a great bang-for-the-buck rifle and I realize that Marlin and Remington still make good products, but it sure seems like I hear of alot more bad apples as of late, especially from Remington. I have a Marlin 336 in .35rem and a Remington model 700 in 6mm rem, both made in the 70's. The quality and fit & finish on both of those rifles is excellent, but compare them to a new version of each gun and its night and day. But I guess its that way with most brands nowadays. Hopefully when this "changing of hands" I keep hearing about finally happens to Freedom Group, things will improve. And to add to 4V50 Gary's post: that race for ugly is a three way race. You have to throw the Ruger American right in there with them. And the Mossberg ATR 100 isnt too far behind. But i suppose beauty (or ugly) is in the eye of the beholder. If you like the way it looks and can hit the broad side of a barn with it, have at it.

Last edited by steveNChunter; January 7, 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.02751 seconds with 8 queries