View Single Post
Old May 25, 2013, 08:50 PM   #106
Wreck-n-Crew

Quote:
Most decent lawyers will tell you not to go talk to police, detectives and prosecutors without them if you are involved in a felony case, I would feel very worried about making statements and getting interviewed without decent legal advice.
I would say you are better off with the police on your side because they they bear greatly on the prosecutor and his call as to whether or not charges should be filed.

If you have done nothing wrong and you have nothing to hide I would advise not to alienate yourself by seeking a lawyer automatically and invoking your right to council without careful thought and consideration.

Only a lawyer will advise to speak to him first. In fact, I bet you would find more lawyers than you think that would advise you to cooperate if you are not guilty.

Public opinion and LE opinion can get you in more trouble than any lawyer can get you out of. Trust me, you want them on your side first if at all possible and automatically invoking right to council is not always your best bet.

My brother was brought up on murder charges at 17 years of age ( mom still has the newspaper clipping) because my mom and dad got him a lawyer and would not allow him to make a statement.

If it weren't for detectives sent back for a second look of the crime scene he would have been in prison.

They found the ricochet off of a pole that my brother claimed was there. It was proof he shot into the air and not in the back of thief.

Page generated in 0.01951 seconds with 8 queries