View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Sheriff Gotcha

My First Range Report (CZ-85B)

Okay, so where to start so much to say. First let me say that the CZ was a pure joy to shoot and I could not be happier with my first handgun purchase and first visit to the range. I look forward to many many more.

I'll start with the .22LR Kadet conversion kit. I am not sure if I had a problem with it or not. I noticed that the slide would not lock back which kind of bothered me, but I'm not sure if that is how it's meant to be or not.

My groups got pretty sporadic when I took it to more than 5 yards, the picture on the top right was off handed at 5 yards. I think my main issue was not necessarily the trigger pull, but more so not taking my time. I never shot a .22 before so when I pulled the trigger for the first time I hit the bullseye (I was quite impressed with myself for my first shot) and when I felt the recoil and there was a very low boom I think I started to shoot way to quickly. It was so much fun shooting the .22 though I am very happy with that purchase.

Now on to the 9mm portion... the recoil wasn't as had as I remembered, but I'd like to learn how to control it a little better. The slide locked back with the 9mm slide on so I am a bit concerned that the Kadet kit may be faulty.

After my last visit to the range where I rented a M&P9 I realized I didn't shoot that all to well at all. So when I finally put the 9mm barrel on the CZ I was worried I would follow suit from the previous range trip. Needless to say I was very impressed with the first two mags I put into the target at 5 yards. I didn't do too bad at 7 yards either, but at 10 yards I think I was way over confident and started shooting to fast and not concentrating on the trigger pull. Also, I could start to feel the fatigue setting in which made my arm a bit wobbly when I was shooting further away.

No failures of any sort which was my main concern going into the day. I did have a somewhat of a failure to feed with the .22, but it was fixed with a rack of the slide. Had a blast and can't wait to go back. I can only imagine what my lady will say when I tell her I am raring to get back to the range. (She knows I'm obsessed ) For reference I was shooting Federal ammo from Wal-Mart, both the .22LR 550 bulk pack and a couple of 50 round 9mm boxes.

All in all I don't think it was too bad for my fourth time shooting and first time shooting with this gun. The trigger is super smooth in SA, didn't try the DA trigger pull. This is the first time I actually paid attention to my trigger pull, so I don't know how it compares to the other firearms I've shot in the past, but it feels damn nice.

Can't think of anything else to add so I guess I'll end it here. Overall, a great experience and purchase and I thank the members here at TFL for suggesting this gorgeous weapon.

Page generated in 0.02679 seconds with 8 queries