View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 01:11 PM   #9
Walt Sherrill

I used Georgia Arms regularly up until about three years ago, when I cut back on my shooting to go back to school (while continuing to work.) During the years I did business with them, they were great. Good ammo at very reasonable prices.

I recently started back shooting again, and went to their website to order, and saw their situation -- back orders, not taking orders, etc. But that seems to be the case with virtually every online seller, and some of our local suppliers. (One dealer locally who used to sell ammo by the case now limits the buyer to three boxes per transaction....)

I had figured it was due to the ammo makers making more ammo for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, but it apparently has as much to do with a much increased demand from shooters, perhaps like it was for a while around 2000, when "survivalist" food and supplies were greatly in demand. It looks as those who fear Democrats in power are stocking up.

Georgia Arms might've done a better job of following up, but they are an otherwise first-class operation. I look forward to a time when they're able to handle the demand.

Page generated in 0.02310 seconds with 8 queries