View Single Post
Old April 9, 2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Duxman

Beverly Hills Robberies / Home Invasions

There is a very interesting article in Feb 2005's issue of Vanity Fair about a string of Home Invasions / Robberies in Beverly Hills.

The short version is that a string of robberies in an affluent area of Beverly Hills which included doctors, actors, lawyers (poetic justice), details include: Daylight robberies which occupants were in the home, robbers disguising themselves as everything from meter inspection teams, repair men, greenpeace solicitors. Certain robberies had inside help: Maids, gardeners, and even a string of robberies where ADT was just installed, and the alarm system as neutralized (professionally) and thousands in art, jewels, cash, furniture was stolen!

Including a daring double daylight robbery where there was a children's party and the robber took a child's backpack to hold jewelry and cash from the doctor and other party goers (while holding a 9mm in the doctor's face)! Then he had the audacity to go to the next house across from the golf course. (And Rob them too!)

Another robbery was two individuals who disguised themselves as greenpeace solicitors were welcomed into a home of two retired folks and they robbed those two halpless people.

Russian crews of former Soviet Special forces, Gypsies, Hispanic and African american gangs sizes from 3-6 are suspected in this string of robberies.

The article further pointed out that even security protected homes who actually responded with security guards never went in to protect the residents of the robbery, they merely arrived, stayed outside the home and waited for the real police to show up.

Goes to show you the liberal attitude of "hollywood".

You would think if you can afford household help, that you would take the time out to do a background check. And get some references from your security company. As well as its policies on how to deal with this stuff.

Now not that I can afford maids, sophisticated security systems, nor do I have thousands in jewelry and cash in my home, but if a robber decided to home invade my humble obode, they would face some 12 ga security systems that would probably increase their chances of dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight.

Page generated in 0.04010 seconds with 8 queries