View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 04:45 PM   #39
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincwarrior
Additionally you must live in areas where police respond to that sort of thing. Many don't. When I lived in one of the less attractive cities neighboring LA, police would have laughed at a call like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmoneye
...While I understand fully the 'tactical' theory behind your suggestion to 'call for backup', it simply is not realistic in my situation to call the 'police' for an open door, nor is it needed...
Again,none of that changes the basic, tactical reality that:
Quote:
...if you enter your house and there is an unknown number of bag guys willing to engage you inside, you will be at an extreme tactical disadvantage.
If someone believes he's fully capable of dealing with that situation, he might consider how much training he's had, how many exercises he's been put through in shoot-houses or simulators and how much force-on-force training he's had.

It's true there may be situations in which you will need to go in, e. g., a family member who may need immediate rescue. Or you may have other reasons for believing that you will have to go in. So maybe you should invest in some serious training.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02518 seconds with 8 queries