View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 05:53 PM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

First of all, if we have to trade one for the other, then neither is a right, and we invalidate all the arguments we've made up until this point. Having relinquished the idea that the RKBA is a right, then all sorts of restrictions are permissible.

Quote:
For the purposes of this hypothetical discussion let's imagine that the anti-RKBA interests would like, more than anything, to see another magazine-capacity ban.
Oh, there's no hypothesis: they want it, and they've been clear on that matter. I have no intention of giving it to them. In fact, I have no intention of giving them anything they want. They weren't interested in bargaining before, and when they had a position of superiority, they did all they could to hurt us.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and we don't owe them the opportunity to negotiate.

As it is, I don't see any separability when it comes to the NFA. It'll have to be repealed as a whole, or not at all. There is nowaynosirhecknonono that the anti-RKBA crowd is ever going to give an inch on machine guns.

(Why are these "what rights are we willing to give up" threads popping up so often lately?)

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries