View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 09:00 AM   #14
Double Naught Spy

These sorts of NDs at locations other than the gun owner's home or at a firing range are exactly why many non-gun business private property owners won't allow concealed carry. Several more happen in gun shops and at gun shows each year

It does not matter that CCW folks have passed rigoous background checks. The issue isn't their honesty or legal history, but a fear of this very type of event.

As kraigwy noted, training won't fix stupid (though it should fix ignorance) and every year stupid gun owners make themselves known by making headlines with NDs. Fortunately, most do not result in injury or death.

Sadly hangglider, it wasn't just one mistake. To have an ND that results in injury or death requires that at least three of the four gun safety rules are violated. On top of that, the gun should never have been out of the holster (or whatever was being used to carry) it while at church. That the gun was brought there for the purpose of selling meant that it should not have been loaded in the first place as the seller knew that the gun would be handled.

Page generated in 0.03481 seconds with 8 queries