View Single Post
Old April 27, 2006, 01:50 PM   #7
leadcounsel

Provided the gun itself is deemed legal where you live, the legitimacy and need for USE of lethal force will be what is under scrutiny, not the method which it was carried out (provided the method were reasonable e.g. if you shoot in the back that may be unreasonable, but that also depends).

Assuming this is your garden variety self defense situation where you legitimately felt threatened for your life by an armed assailant and you shot him only to stop the threat and stopped shooting once the threat were stopped, I suspect there would be almost no prosecutors who would prosecute the lawful defense of yourself/family/home with any legal weapon. It would be a waste of his time and resources and not be viewed well by the public. Prosecutors like to win cases and that would in all likelyhood be a losing case.

I think your choice for a home defense weapon is quite practical and one of the best guns available to civilians. I don't want to turn this into a "which gun is better" forum, but I think that most people would agree that a shotgun is one of the top picks for a home defense gun due to its reliability, great stopping power, accuracy, versatility, ease of use, and low cost.

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries