View Single Post
Old June 10, 2001, 10:57 AM   #1
scooter71

Taurus 85UL tolerances, cylinder slop normal??

I bought a Taurus Stainless Tone Mdl. 85UL over a year ago, and love carrying it concealed!

My issue Glocks 22 and 27 are too damn heavy honestly, and I'd rather carry comfortably than not carry.....

I noticed that it has more wiggle, and slop in the cylinder than a S&W mdl 10/.38 spec. that is in my safe at work, and it got me thinking..

Just how much in normal, or expected.

I've shot 2 boxes of cheap hardball through it, and 1 1/2 boxes of 158 gr. +P, which is what I carry in it.....

I know, it will be hard to answer this question scientifically when I haven't checked the gun with a Micrometer....

BTW, mine has been 100% reliable, although when I first bought it, after a few rounds and it got hot, it was harder to pull the trigger, (tight tolerances and powder accumulation) but later, after firing a box of the +P, seemed to loosen up to the point where it was very nice....

If the +P really did loosen up the tolerances, and it wasn't my imagination, and it really improved the gun, I wonder if it will continue to loosen the gun up more, or if the gun should reach a point where it won't loosen up more?

Any opinions?

Anyone else notice this with theirs?

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries