View Single Post
Old November 7, 2012, 11:49 PM   #11
Fingers McGee

I smear the entire arbor with bore butter the spin the cylinder on it to make sure the entire arbor and cylinder arbor bore is well lubricated. Any excess butter balls up ahead of the cylinder while doing so. I remove the excess before seating the cylinder against the recoil shield. In all actuality, the first inch or so of the arbor back from the cylinder face is the most critical to have plenty of lube in. It keeps the fouling out.

As far as lubing the rest of the revolver, after cleaning, I put them back together dry - or at least don't 'oil' the action. Of course, I clean everything with straight Balistol; so, even after cleaning and wiping down, there is a thin film of Balistol residue on everything.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 8 queries