View Single Post
Old April 5, 2012, 01:08 PM   #29
zxcvbob

Quote:
If you do the same thing with your reloads as you do with your current ammo you can either shoot better ammo for the same price, or have a lower-cost dual setup, but reloaded.
Example:
Plinking ammo.
Get once-fired MilSurp Brass.
Use pulled projectiles & bargain powder.
You can also use bargain basement powder and primers but still use premium projectiles, then work up an accuracy load for that combo. Should be able to come up with a cheap load tuned for your gun that outshoots most factory ammo -- including the good stuff. I've just started reloading for a rifle, and that's my eventual goal. (but right now I'm doing it backwards; cheap projectiles and expensive powder )

Quote:
Quote:
The only reason that I reload 9mm anymore is to shoot at a local range that doesn't allow jacketed bullets.
Interesting restriction - is it some kind of a special-purpose range? Other than .22 rimfire, the selection of factory non-jacketed ammo seems like it would be pretty sparse.
My local pistol range is like that. It doesn't really make sense, but it's their rules and I'm OK with it. They do also allow copper-plated ammo, or anything with "range safe" on the box.

Page generated in 0.02201 seconds with 8 queries