View Single Post
Old March 17, 2012, 11:16 AM   #40
shortwave

Quote:
Being uniformed LE in a small Southern town, it's very rare that I have to participate in raids, but I have done it. It's hard for me to imagine a circumstance where anyone at my agency could somehow hit the wrong house, since we all know where our trouble spots are. Still, I guess anything's possible.
Oh, it's possible. Surely not by any means a daily event but it has/does happen. A quick google of something to the effect of 'police raid wrong house' may give you a surprise....
Quote:
Search
Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News
A 61-year-old man was shot to death by police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug raid on the wrong house. Police admitted their mistake ...
abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1

Fullerton Police Raid Wrong House, Acting Police Chief ...
At last night's city council meeting, almost a year after four Fullerton police officers wrongfully raided her home,...

blogs.ocweekly.com/.../10/fullerton_police_officers_raid.php
Police raid wrong house in Huntersville | CharlotteObserver ...
Huntersville police are still looking for three men involved in the violent beating and robbery of a Charlotte man -- after a bad tip led them to a raid at the wrong ...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/......wrong-house-in...
Penthouse Pet Simone Farrow seized in drug raid on Gold Coast ...
... drugs ring Simone Farrow was nabbed by police after a dramatic raid on ... else to go - I tried to go from friend's house to ... form to alert us to something we've got wrong. We ...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/p...eized-on...rss
Residents 'terrorised' after police raid wrong house ...
Residents of Ruatoki claim they have been terrorised by police after officers allegedly stormed the wrong house in a dawn raid. It is alleged that early Friday ...
tvnz.co.nz/national-news/...police-raid-wrong-house-4744220
Although, I would say the chances of this happening in a small town would be greatly reduced versus a large metro area.

The house raid in the Ohio incident I referred to was a total fiasco. Not only did they get the wrong house but the wrong street. The house they were suppose to raid was the next street over. You could stand in the side yard of the raided house, look through the houses to the houses on the street over and see the house they were supposed to raid.
Yes, there was multiple apologies from 'red faced' city officials to the elderly man as well as to his family.

Last edited by shortwave; March 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.03060 seconds with 8 queries