View Single Post
Old April 2, 2014, 09:14 AM   #33
TDL

I have acquaintances who work in gun control advocacy. Half a dozen on the Hill and one in major organization.

I have yet to hear them discuss this smart safety gun tech without mandates, and the "benefit" of a strategy of raising costs to gun owners, forcing registration and safety inspections.

In regards to RFID, I eschew conspiracy theories, but for all we know some of these crazies could suggest requiring gun owners to have the chips implanted. Tin foil hat stuff?

Considerer the guy who was just floating a bid on Freedom group seems to be this guy:
http://www.wired.com/2009/12/positive_id/
Quote:
VeriChip and its former owner Applied Digital have been drawing fire since 2004, when the FDA approved the rice-sized injectable RFID for human use. While the company primarily pushed the chip as part of a system to index medical records — a kind of subcutaneous MedAlert bracelet — Richard Sullivan, then-CEO of Applied Digital, had a penchant for wantonly confirming every nightmare of cybernetic social control.
After 9/11, it was Sullivan who announced the VeriChip would be perfect as a universal ID to distinguish safe people from the dangerous ones.
[emphasis mine]

Page generated in 0.03200 seconds with 8 queries