View Single Post
Old August 10, 2012, 03:15 AM   #9
Sevens

Using the same quoted bit -- but a little bit out of context, there certainly ARE some characteristics of powders that indeed may not show up in a chronograph. Not with regards to more "punch" or "power", but some that can still be advantageous.

For example -- you can sometimes pull the same or a similar velocity as Powder A, but do it with less peak pressure with Powder B. Or maybe you can match the velocity using a smaller charge weight... which could save you a little money in the long run. Maybe you can do it with a powder that easier for you to get locally, or maybe you can do it with a powder that meters better through your equipment. Could be that you could substitute a powder that gives you a similar velocity, but can also be used in another chambering where Powder A could not.

Short version: there's MANY reasons we can pick from so many different powders, and so many of us do exactly that.

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 8 queries