View Single Post
Old October 20, 2005, 05:06 PM   #30
clt46910

Pax, point taken...I still think I will be able to trust her. If you do not lose your connection with your children you will be able to trust them. To many people are too busy to take the time to talk to their children or even know who their friends are. I spent a lot of time with kids over the years as the single family friend. Saw a lot of different ways to raise kids, saw what worked and what did not work. Saw what kids did to fool their parents and watched kids work with their parents.

Glenn...After over about a 100 years(the only ones I can account for) of children being raised like this in our family we have never had one gun related accident. Except for my father that had an eye damaged when a piece of .22 casing hit him in the eye from a malfuntioning gun. It is not an assumption but a fact. It has worked for many years for our family with a lot of kids, I think I will stay with what works.

The kid in your story put on a good front with his parents. How did he get away with it? Maybe the parents was not as involved with him as they should have been? Maybe should have looked farther then face value. They are your children, look past the front they put up for you. I see a lot of people that are like your friend, the kids puts on the front that his parents wants and they never sit down and talk to them and find out what is really going on. If your kid has a secret life, then you are not paying enough attention to what your kid is doing. You are not in his life enough. They may not like it but get into the middle of their life. Know what is going on and what they are thinking. They will talk to you if you make the effort.

Before you tell me it will not work...it does. Seen it work many times, and still working today.

Page generated in 0.02817 seconds with 8 queries