View Single Post
Old March 27, 2012, 10:27 AM   #9
lee n. field

Quote:
Get start for under $100?
Can I get started reloading in my studio apartment for under $100 with dies and stuff or should I wait. I only want to reload 380acp as that is all I shoot at this time a lot and it hard to find locally and cost a load when I do?
I'd have to check current prices, but the answer would be "just barely".

Lee Hand Press, Lee Autoprime*, appropriate shellholder for the priming tool, a reloading funnel, and a Lee .380 die set. The Lee dieset will include a powder scoop and shellholder, and a data sheet. Buy powder and bullets to fit what you find on the data sheet.

You might get in at about $100, without consumables. You will want to be getting more stuff. Try and squeeze in a pair of loading blocks, to keep organized.

The good news is you will be able to use all this stuff once you have more of what you need.

*a ram prime die can be had cheaper, especially in the Lee, but is way slow compared to a priming tool. A ram prime die is for people who need to dial in their primer seating depth exactly. You won't need to do that.

Quote:
Lee
Lee
Lee
Lee
Lee
Notice a pattern here?

Quote:
It is possible to get loading for under $50 with the Lee Loader
I don't think there's a .380 Lee Loader kit.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; March 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.02362 seconds with 8 queries