View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Sevens

GP-100 Man: Anneal .357 brass?

Quote:
I have been known to anneal yellow 357 brass!
They went rite back to shooting very consistently across the chrony!!
I find this VERY interesting. Please tell me more!

I'm still relatively new to using a chronograph and both myself and a buddy have swapped ideas and concerns that case mouth tension/bullet pull has a lot to do with how consistently we can get some of our handloads to chronograph.

And though I've sent MANY different .357 Magnum concoctions through the wickets on my chrono, with MANY different results, the most consistent results I've ever gotten BY FAR and in any caliber, in any platform, has been with 180 grain cast lead slugs going at a speedy pace (1,220 FPS) in .357 Magnum.

I've had the Chrony return disturbingly low ES and SD's, to the point where I almost wondered if the unit was working, but I've repeated the feat and I can't wait for warm weather to try it again.

I'm wondering if the fact that it's a cast lead slug being pushed firmly (and it pushing back due to it's size and weight!) is returning a very consistent starting resistance...which is, in turn, returning a VERY uniform ES and SD.

How consistent, you ask?! I'm talking extreme spread of 2 feet per second. SD that my Chrony Beta Master shows on the screen as "1."

Page generated in 0.03613 seconds with 8 queries