View Single Post
Old December 21, 2013, 11:40 AM   #8
skizzums

i drive about an hour out to the country and find public land, i have shot at an indoor range exactly one time and at an out door range about 5 times
when i first started shooting around here, i would find easments and river banks and just stop and ask a cop if it was okay to shoot around there, they are usually very nice about it, but now we have a designated place that we go to that is considered public land, cops will sometimes come and see what is going on, but never tell us thatwe have to leave
when i practice, we set up target at approx 100-200-300 and 500yard for rfles, for pistols we have five man sized targets in a v for v drills, an we have a very large 2x4 tringle wth brads nailed into it that we hang clays on
the first hour or so we take practice seriously, but we also just play around and see who can hit what from how far, or how well does a watermelon blow with different ammos
at the end of session we haev a firepit, where we clean everything up and burn it, its about 1/4 mile back to the car, so that part is crucial to save alot of work

Page generated in 0.02963 seconds with 8 queries