View Single Post
Old August 19, 1999, 08:58 PM   #5
Jim V

I have been lucky with gunsmiths for about 22 years, I have been going to the same one for my gun work. He is a prince on getting stuff out. Prior to finding him ,I had the bad luck to have work done by some smiths that were ungodly slow, four months for a blueing job on a 1911 (said it would be no longer than a month with his back log), and three months to have S&W sights installed on the same 1911 (different smith than the blueing job).

I have worked in my current gunsmith's shop, taking care of customers, answering 'phones, etc while he has been working on guns. One of my jobs was to call people after their requested work was done. Then sending a follow up postal card, after 30 days, reminding them the work was done and then sending the last postal card stating that if the work was not picked up within 15 days the gun would be parted out. Just about no one allowed that to happen. We would get people telling us that they really did not have room to keep their rifles, etc so they decided to leave it with the shop until they needed it, as if ANY gunsmith has lots of room to store stuff for customers.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Page generated in 0.03539 seconds with 8 queries