Thread: TW25 anyone?
View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 09:24 AM   #7
AK103K

I used TW25b for a number of years, with good results. These days, like sigcurious, Ive also switched over to FrogLube.

From what you say youre seeing, it almost sounds like you might be using to much in your application. Ive seen guns that had to much grease on them, for a long time, and the grease you could see looked as you describe. I would imagine if you added dust and dirt to the equation, it would be even worse.

With my SIG's, 1911's, and guns with that type rail, I used to just put a small amount on my finger, and rub it between it and my thumb, and then lightly across the rails and around the barrel. With my Glocks, I just put a very small dab on each rail tab and wipe the barrel.

Its not that it looks like you "coat" the metal, as much as its just that the metal looks "shiny/wet".

If you live in a dusty/dirty environment, you might want to make your cleanings a little more frequent. I usually have to wipe the outside of mine down and hit it (and its holster) with an air can every other day or so.

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 8 queries