View Single Post
Old January 1, 2014, 06:11 PM   #10
hodaka

I believe that you should at least try your rifle out before you get rid of it. As has been pointed out, the difference in lightly used and unused for a Mini will be slight in terms of resale. Minute of clay pigeon is about right but 2 MOA will be luck. I have an older pencil barrel Mini 14 which is not very accurate and a newer heavy barrel Mini 30 which is probably a 2-3 MOA shooter. Most of my AR's shoot MOA or less.

My guess is that you will regret selling it one day but there is no comparison between the accuracy and adaptability of an AR vs a Mini. Aluminum is every bit as good as steel in the places that it is used in an AR, just decreases weight. Some folks value the little horses on their AR's and I'm glad they do because I have made some good money selling Colts. In my experience, however, S&W, DPMS, JT Distributing, Bushmaster, etc. all make quality AR's.

There is a reason that Mini's are not seen in most 3-gun or other competitive carbine matches, they will not hang with an AR. Still, they are a handy rifle to have. As has been said, think of them as you would an M1 carbine but with a bit more punch. Good luck with your decision.

Page generated in 0.02270 seconds with 8 queries