View Single Post
Old February 12, 2014, 07:36 AM   #2
geetarman

Sometimes you just do not have the option to walk or drive away. The other party will not just let it go.

Sometimes it is pride and fear of embarrassment in front of your peers.

Whether we like it or not, some in our society are always on the edge and ready to take things to the next level at the slightest hint of being wronged. You may have cut them off in traffic. You may have looked at them "wrong' and they took offense.

Sometimes you can defuse the situation and sometimes you can just walk away. There are people that either cannot or will not accept this as the verdict that the aggrieved party has won the argument. They will get in your face or follow you in your car or try to run you off the road or shoot at you to make their point.

You saw it in school when the bullies picked on kids smaller than themselves and just would not let up.

Sometimes you just have to fight. I think we all have that moment of revelation when you finally realize talking just isn't going to cut it any more.

For me, it was 8th grade shop class and a kid was just making my life miserable. I did not want to fight but he would not let it go.

One day, I had to crawl under one of the shop tables to retrieve a big clamp that had been kicked under there. This kid saw me crawl under and when I turned around to get back out, he had strategically positioned himself so his crotch was in my face.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I hit him so hard in the nads he almost became a soprano for life.

This kid never bothered me again. Sometimes that is what you have to do.

Carpe Cerveza

Page generated in 0.03846 seconds with 8 queries