View Single Post
Old August 9, 2014, 06:17 PM   #14
Paul B.

My story is a little different. I'd been shootin at the range and was in the process of packing up when a small group of me started to set up next to my bench. Two were Anglo and four were Orientals, three of which spoke no English. Turned out they were from Japan and wanted to shoot handguns. The firearms they had on hand were borrowed from others and neither of the two Anglos really had much of an idea how to work a 1911 style gun and neither could figure out how to load a single action. Definitely the blind leading the blind. I'm the main firearms instructor for the Hunter Ed classes I'm involded in so I offered to give them a hand. I figured I better before somebody got hurt. Guess in japan anyone instructing has to prove his knowledge which turned out to be a good deal as I got to shoot the indivicual firearms. I gave then the usual safety lecture I always give about muzzle control, demonatrated I could actually hit the target more than once and then showed each individual how to operate the firearm. Those guys had a ball, especially when I broke out my S&W 629 .44 Magnum.They got to play Dirty Harry. Their two hosts were filming the whole thing so they could show their friends back home what they were able to do here. I had to leave but I did leave some happy campers.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03371 seconds with 8 queries